Picture gallery
81 entries in the Picture gallery
picture
1969 Duplex R-6-71-CF/Oren Rear & Side
Luray, Virginia - Page County - Engine 7 1969 Duplex R-6-71-CF/Oren Rehabbed in 1999 by 4-Guys - 1000/500 Oren serial number 2694 An interesting addition ? a ?Grumman? name plate was added to the front cab during the rehab. Photo by Mike Sanders
picture
1969 Duplex R-6-71-CF/Oren Officer Side
Luray, Virginia - Page County - Engine 7 1969 Duplex R-6-71-CF/Oren Rehabbed in 1999 by 4-Guys - 1000/500 Oren serial number 2694 An interesting addition ? a ?Grumman? name plate was added to the front cab during the rehab. Photo by Mike Sanders
picture
1969 Duplex R-6-71-CF/Oren Driver Side
Luray, Virginia - Page County - Engine 7 1969 Duplex R-6-71-CF/Oren Rehabbed in 1999 by 4-Guys - 1000/500 Oren serial number 2694 An interesting addition ? a ?Grumman? name plate was added to the front cab during the rehab. Photo by Mike Sanders
picture
1951 Willys CJ3A
Waynesboro, VA - General Electric Plant General Electric purchased a civilian Willys and outfitted it as a plant fire truck in 1955. 250 gpm pump and 50 gallon tank. Photographed at Waynesboro ODHFS muster, September 2010 by Mike Sanders. This photo was used in the July/August 2011 issue of Fire Apparatus Journal on the back cover!
picture
1975 Ford/Oren - Engine - 4
1975 Ford/Oren - Engine - 4 - delivered to Alderson Volunteer FD in Alderson, WV in May 1975 where she served until retirement in May 2006. Mike Vandall, an ODHFS member purchased the engine in August 2007 from the Alderson VFD. Photo by Mike Vandall
picture
1975 Ford/Oren - Engine - 4
1975 Ford/Oren - Engine - 4 - delivered to Alderson Volunteer FD in Alderson, WV in May 1975 where she served until retirement in May 2006. Mike Vandall, an ODHFS member purchased the engine in August 2007 from the Alderson VFD. Photo by Mike Vandall
picture
1951 Chevy/Oren - Thalia Civic Club, VA Beach, VA
Bill Bailey had the 1951 Chevy/Oren repainted in March 2011. He removed all the vinyl tape letters and lines and repainted it with the original gold, bronze, and white colors Oren used back when it was built. He used Carl Maurices 1953 International photos and Tommy Hermans Oren book as his sources. Check out the photos at his Flickr website (copy and paste this link in your browser!): https://www.flickr.com/photos/23954745@N02/
picture
1938 Ford Oren - Smithfield VFD (VA)
1938 Ford-Oren pumper, Engine 1, or "Maude" as she is known. Maude is equipped with a 500 gpm pump, a 150 gal tank, and a rear mounted booster reel that accompanies the 2-1/2" hose load in the bed. Smithfield VFD has always taken great pride in their apparatus, and as a result, Maude has managed to stay roadworthy to this day without ever having been restored.
picture
Oren Fire Apparatus - Photo Archive, By Tom Herman
Oren Fire Apparatus Photo Archive Iconografix, 2010 By: ODHFS Historian & Past President Tom Herman
picture
1958 GMC/Oren Pumper
Oren Factory delivery photo - Union Bridge Fire Company (Carroll County, MD)
picture
1971 Duplex/Great Eastern
Back in the 1950's, Oren had a salesman from NJ named Ernie Day. Ernie's dealership was based in Dunellen and called New Jersey Fire Apparatus. He adopted the name "Great Eastern" for all apparatus he sold, but those rigs were built by Oren in the Roanoke factory. When Grumman took over, the names Oren and Great Eastern were both discontinued, and Ernie began selling Pirsch apparatus. As you can see, the bodywork is the same as any Oren of the same time. The script "Great Eastern" nameplate can be seen just ahead of the rear wheel well and there is another nameplate just below the windshield. This Greenwood, DE rig carries a 1000 pump and 1250 gallon tank and runs as Engine 78-4. It was rehabbed in 1996 by Fire Fab. The jump seats were widened and a four-door crew enclosure was added. Photo by : Dave Organ, Jonesboro, GA
picture
1949 International Oren
1949 OREN / International - Ser. #600-A-1118 Chassis is a KB 8 International, 600 GPM Hale Cent. pump with 500 Gal. tank. Fully equipped including generator, portable pump, flood and spot lights, and various nozzles and fittings. The truck was delivered to the Millersburg Fire Co. #1(PA) in Sept 1949 and was first run until 1974. It served in a reserve status until approximately 1986 and was then stored until Doug and Larry Snyder of Millersburg, PA purchased it in Feb 92.
81 entries in the Picture gallery
×picture

© 2022 The Old Dominion Historical Fire Society